To participate in our winter reading challenge, you need to create an account and log your reading in a software platform called Beanstack, which has a web and mobile app. You can register as an Individual or as a Family. You can also use a printable reading log.
To get started, follow these instructions for accessing Beanstack through a web brower. To use the mobile app, see steps below.
How do I sign up for the Winter Reading Challenge?
1. Click here.
2. Click the image that says “Read for a Better World.”
3. If you have already created a Beanstack account, you can sign in here by clicking on Sign In and entering your login information. You can Register yourself or your family by clicking Register an Individual or Family.
4. Beanstack will ask if you have already created an account. If yes, please log in. If no, follow the prompts for registration. You’ll be asked if you want to register individually or if you are registering a child. You can always add children or other readers after you create your account.
5. To register, you’ll need to fill in pertinent information including a password.
Once you are registered and logged in, you’ll be able to Join the Challenge.
How do I log my reading?
1. At the top of the screen, click on the button that says "Log Reading and Activities."
2. Select the reader you are logging for.
3. Select Log Minutes (to gain badges and eligibility into the reading challenge, you have to log how many minutes you’ve read, not books).
4. Enter the amount of time you’ve spent reading, or use the reading timer! The reading timer is a useful tool if you care to log in before you start reading and then set a timer for how long you plan to read.
Entering the title information is completely optional.
You must read and log at least 60 minutes between January 1–31 to qualify for the challenge and be entered into our prize drawing for a Hot Chocolate Gift Set.