Services > Notification & Billing
Courtesy Pre-overdue eMail Notices
Patrons who opt in to email notification will receive a pre-overdue courtesy notice two days prior to the due date. Visit the Library or contact the Member Services Desk to sign up, at 630-393-1171 x100.
Borrowers are responsible for returning or renewing materials on time whether or not a notice has been received.
Library ELF sends eMail reminders for item due dates. Members can set up notifications for multiple cards within their household. Click here to sign up for Library ELF. Please note that Library ELF is a private service not affiliated with the Warrenville Public Library District. You use Library ELF at your own option and risk.
Overdue Notification Schedule
- 2 days before due date........Pre-overdue courtesy notice (eMail only)
- 7 days after due date...........First overdue notice
- 14 days after due date..........Account blocked, privileges suspended
- 21 days after due date..........Second overdue notice
- 42 days after due date..........Bill
A bill will be sent for the following:
- Items 42 days overdue
- Unpaid lost or damaged items
Accounts with an outstanding balance of $50 or more are sent to a collection agency no sooner than 90 days after a bill is issued. A non-refundable $10 collection fee will be added to all accounts referred to debt collection.
You may pay your fees in person or online. Log into your account and view your fees. Then, make a payment. Your payment will be processed within 2-3 business days.