Reading > Local Book Discussions
Interlibrary Loan for Local Book Discussion Groups
Guidelines & Procedures
Warrenville Public Library offers an interlibrary loan service for local book discussion groups. The Library will request multiple copies of books from other libraries. This service is available to Warrenville Library Card Holders in good standing.
- The books must be at least one year old, not current bestsellers and not on hold at other libraries. If the chosen title is not available, we will contact you to discuss an alternate title.
- You may request a maximum of 15 copies of a book; requests are limited to one request per group, per month.
- To ensure availability, submit your requests at least 6 weeks before the book discussion. You may provide a list of books up to six months in advance.
- Designate a leader for your book discussion group, who will contact the Library with the titles and dates and pick up the items when they become available. Due to interlibrary loan rules, the group’s leader must be a Warrenville Public Library cardholder.
- Click here to print out a form or stop by the Circulation Desk. Submit the form to the Circulation Desk at least 6 weeks before your book discussion meeting.
- The group leader will be notified by phone or email when the books are available for pick up at the Circulation Desk. The group leader is responsible for returning the books to the Warrenville Library by their due date and accepts responsibility for any overdue fines and damaged or lost item charges. Interlibrary loan overdue charges are 25¢ per day per item with no grace period. Items are not renewable.
If you have further questions please contact Patty Dybala at 630-393-1171 ext. 102.