Now that our library is open for Grab & Go Service, we want to make it convenient for you to pick up the items you place on hold.
Beginning August 3, you’ll have a choice between in-library pickup or a scheduled curbside pickup.
Here’s how it works:
- Place your item on hold (see options at end)
- Receive an email or phone call when your item is available.
- Choose the pickup option that works best for you:
Placing holds and scheduling a curbside pickup are currently available to Warrenville Public Library members. Reciprocal borrowers are welcome to visit the library and borrow materials during Grab & Go Service hours.
How do I know when my item is ready for pickup?
When your item is ready for pickup, we will contact you by your preferred notification method on your library account; you will either receive an email notification or a phone call/voice message. At this point, if you would like to pick up your item through our Curbside Service option, you will need to call our Member Services Desk to schedule a pick up time: 630/393-1171 x100.
How do I pick up my item IN the library?
After you receive notification that your item is ready for pick up, visit the library during our Grab & Go hours. Enter at the Stafford Place entrance. Your item will be on our Holds shelf next to our Member Services Desk. Please maintain a 6 foot distance from others. Look for your last name, first initial. Touch and take only your item. Finally, check out your item at a self-checkout station near the Member Services or Youth Services Desk..
Note: If you choose our Curbside Service option for pickup, your item will not be available on the Holds shelf.
How long do I have to pick up my hold?
Your requested item will be on our Holds shelf for 7 days. After 7 days, your hold will be released back into our collection for other members to checkout.
I prefer curbside pickup. What should I do?
When you receive your hold notification, call our Member Services Desk to schedule a curbside pickup at 630/393-1171 x100.
Not sure if you are signed up for email or phone notices?
Call or email our Member Services Desk to confirm and update your contact information: 630/393-1171 x100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I request items/place an item on hold?
- Place your items on hold through the library’s catalog. You will need your library card number and PIN (mmdd, 4-digit month and day of your birthdate).
- Call the library at 630/393-1171 x121 to speak to a staff member to put items on hold for you. If someone is unavailable to take your call, leave a voicemail message and we will respond as soon as we can.
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to request specific items. Include your first and last name and the last 4 digits of your library card number. You will receive a response about the status of your request or if we have any questions.
- Complete a Discover Your Next Read form and we will make selections for you. You will receive an email response that includes our recommended selections and further instructions for you.
The following items are not currently available for check out because they require more in-depth cleaning than we can safely perform at this time:
- Science kits
- Discovery packs
- Board books
- Some mobile devices: green screen, photo lights, photo tent/light box, projection screen and in-library use laptops
To request magazine issues, call the Adult Services Desk 630/393-1171 x121.
Hours as of July 27, 2020: