Research > Online Learning
Online databases are reliable, accurate information sources available remotely, 24/7 to Warrenville Library cardholders. You will need your Warrenville library card number and 4 digit pin number to access the databases.
Courses / Tutorials Online
- LearningExpress – Interactive tutorials and practice tests to help users improve basic skills in reading, writing, and math, as well as prepare for high-stakes tests such as the GED, GRE, ACT, and SAT. The platform can help prepare for a wide range of career-oriented licensing and certification exams in health care, education, civil service, and homeland security.
- Lynda.com –Thousands of video courses in business, technology, and creative skills taught by industry experts. Learn software, design, coding, and business skills at your own pace, prepare for certification exams, and beef up your resume with new skills. This resource is available to Warrenville Public Library District cardholders only.
- Mango Languages – An online language learning system teaching practical conversation skills for a wide variety of popular languages. With everyday dialogue from native speakers, engaging interactive lessons and a unique intuitive teaching style, Mango increases your ability to use, adapt and build on what you learn.
- Tutor.com – Tutor.com is a free, on-demand online tutoring service that connects students in Kindergarten - 12th grade and introductory college students to expert tutors in math, science, social studies and English via the Internet. The Adult Learner section supports those earning their GED, seeking grammar help with their resume and more. Live Homework Help is available every day from 10 a.m. to midnight. Spanish-speaking tutors are available in math, science, social studies and adult learning every day from 10 a.m. to midnight.
- Universal Class Library Edition – Over 540 courses offered in Exercise and Fitness, Entrepreneurship, Arts and Music, Home and Garden Care, Cooking, Computers and Technology, Health and Medicine, Homeschooling, Job Assistance, Law and Legal, Parenting and Family, Pet and Animal Care plus much more. With real instructors guiding the learning, engaging video-based lessons, a collaborative learning environment, graded lesson tests, certificates of achievement and Continuing Education Units available for selected courses, students enjoy an engaging and measurable learning experience that helps them master and document their educational goals.