Research > Online Resources for Youth > Books & Authors
- Dav Pilkey – Dav’s extra crunchy website o’ fun.
- Eric Carle – Eric Carle has written and illustrated dozens of books for young children, the most famous being 1969's The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Includes a listing of all of Carle’s books, a video gallery and upcoming events at his museum.
- Jan Brett – Official site of the author/artist of The Mitten and other children's favorites. Includes free coloring pages and fun projects to make.
- Jane O'Connor – Explore, Play and Party with Fancy Nancy activities.
- Jon Scieszka Worldwide – Latest news about the author and his books.
- Mary Pope Osborne – The website maintained by Mary Pope Osborne, author of the "Magic Tree House" series of children's books. Contains research guides and newsletters by the author.
- NextReads – Sign up for NextReads, a free e-mail newsletter about Picture books, Kid's Books (grades 4-8) and Young Adult Books (High school readers).
- Novelist K-8Plus – Contains materials for all K-8 grade levels and includes picture books, children's "chapter" books and young adult titles. The NoveList Learning Center helps teachers meet the reading needs of their students. This database is available remotely with your Warrenville Library card number and 4 digit PIN.
- Ron Roy – Ron Roy has written many mystery books for children, including the popular "A to Z Mysteries" series, and the new series, "Capital Mysteries." Site includes games and trivia.
- Roald Dahl – Welcome to the world of Roald Dahl, author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, and BFG.
- Rosemary Wells – Read and play with the little bunnies, Max and Ruby.
- TumbleBooks – Interactive, animated talking picture books for children.
- TumbleBookCloud Junior – Online collection of read-along and e-books which includes early reader chapter books, children's classics, graphic novels, children's audio books and new National Geographic videos.
- What Should I Read Next? – Enter a book title that you enjoyed and the site will recommend titles to try next.
Inclusion of resources or references to them does not constitute or imply endorsement or support by the Warrenville Public Library District or its employees. The Library does not make warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information from these resources.