Research > Online Resources > Taxes
In the Library, books on the subject of tax returns are shelved with Call Number 336.24.
- AARP Tax-Aide – Volunteer-run tax assistance and preparation service helps low to moderate income taxpayers prepare their tax returns.
- Center for Economic Progress – Free assistance with tax preparation, resolving IRS issues, amending returns, obtaining an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number and more.
- Illinois Circuit Breaker & Illinois Cares Rx Forms – Illinois Department on Aging's Circuit Breaker program provides grants to senior citizens and persons with disabilities to help them reduce the impact of taxes and prescription medications on their lives.
- Loaves and Fishes – VITA is an IRS sponsored service that offers free volunteer income tax assistance to any household with an income under $49,000 for 2011. Volunteers are trained and certified through the IRS to assist clients with their taxes; however, they are not usually professional tax preparers.
- Out of State Tax Forms – Links to state tax forms and filing options.
- State of Illinois Department of Revenue – The Illinois Department of Revenue collects taxes for state and local governments, administering 74 tax laws. Site contains instructions for finding a tax rate, obtaining tax returns, and answers to other frequently asked questions.
- U.S. IRS (Internal Revenue Service) – The IRS is the U.S. government agency responsible for tax collection and tax law enforcement. Contains downloadable forms, instructions, and tools for filling out forms.
Inclusion of resources or references to them does not constitute or imply endorsement or support by the Warrenville Public Library District or its employees. The Library does not make warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information from these resources.