Research > Online Resources > Consumer Info
- Better Business Bureau – The Better Business Bureau provides info on over 2.5 million organizations. Check out a company, file a complaint, or compliment a business.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – The (CFPB) educates consumers, patrols financial agencies, and studies consumers and financial service providers. Has information on applying for a mortgage, choosing among credit cards, and other consumer financial products.
- Consumer Price Index - National – US Bureau of Labor Statistics current data on CPI.
- Consumer World – Over 2,000 links to everything 'consumer' on the Internet, including product reviews, buying advice, consumer rights, and scam alerts.
- ConsumerReports.org – Features ratings and recommendations on thousands of products and services in categories including appliances, cars, electronics and computers, home and garden, health and fitness, babies and kids, food, personal finance, and travel. Free access to product buying advice, blogs, safety alerts, recalls, a searchable archive of the past four years of Ratings, Consumer Reports' exclusive product- and car-reliability reports, comprehensive decision guides, access to consumer/user reviews, and much more. This online resource is available remotely, 24/7 to Warrenville Library cardholders. You will need your Warrenville library card number and 4-digit pin number to access the database.
- Federal Trade Commission – The FTC site includes news and alerts, consumer protection and anti-trust information.
- Illinois Attorney General – Consumer Protection Division protects Illinois consumers and businesses victimized by fraud, deception, and unfair business practices.
- Illinois Legal Aid – Consumer Law – Legal Information for legal aid referrals issues related to consumer law in Illinois.
- Record Information Services – Scroll through public records on new homeowners, new businesses, bankruptcies, foreclosures and sales for DuPage, DeKalb, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, Cook and Will counties. This online resource is available remotely, 24/7 to Warrenville Library cardholders. You will need your Warrenville library card number and 4-digit pin number to access the database.
- Warrenville Chamber of Commerce – Information on the local business community, and Resident Greeter Service.
Inclusion of resources or references to them does not constitute or imply endorsement or support by the Warrenville Public Library District or its employees. The Library does not make warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information from these resources.