Selected teen programs require pre-registration. To register, visit the Information Desk, call 630/393-1171 x100 or register online.
Reading & Writing
Teen Writing Club
Wednesdays, 6 – 7:30 p.m., Ages 12 – 17
September 2, October 7, November 4
Join other teen writers for inspiration, thoughtful feedback and support on your writing projects. Registration is required. Click here to register.
Teen Books & Donuts
Wednesdays, 6 – 7 p.m., Ages 12 – 17
September 9, October 14, November 11
Join us each month at the Library for a book discussion and donuts. Share what you’re reading and talk about titles you’re looking forward to. Coffee, tea or hot chocolate will also be available. Registration is required. Click here to register.
Friday, September 25, 5 p.m., Ages 12 – 17,
Someone – or something—has been stealing books from the Library! View the crime scene and solve the case. Registration is required. Click here to register.
Friday, October 23, 5 p.m., Ages 12 – 17
Celebrate the undead with games and crafts. Learn about zombie-related books available at the Library. Feel free to dress up! Registration is required. Click here to register.
Teen Read Week
October 18-24, Ages 13 – 18
Teen Read Week encourages teens to read for the fun of it. This year’s theme is Get Away @ Your Library.
- Need some exciting and new books to read? Have a Blind Date with a Book during Teen Read Week. (1) Go to the Blind Date with a Book display and read the descriptions of the mysteriously wrapped books. (2) Check out the one that is right for you. (3) Open it when you get home. (4) Enjoy!
- Register for the Zombie Party on Friday, October 23 at 5 p.m.
- Come to the Teen Advisory Board meeting on Thursday, October 22 at 6 p.m. The Teen Advisory Board gives teens an opportunity to share interests and favorite activities with the Library, suggest books and DVDs for our collections and have fun with other Teens. If you’re interested, contact April, our Teen Services Librarian, at email@example.com or 630/393-1171 x111.
**If you need assistance in the library, ask us! We’re happy to help. If you require ADA accommodations for a Library program or event, please notify the Library office at least two weeks in advance at 630/393-1171 x118.
** Attendance at Library programs and events constitutes consent to be photographed for Library publicity purposes.
Fridays, 4:30 – 6 p.m., Ages 12 – 17
October 2, November 6
Game on with other fans of Nintendo characters and video game series. Bring your Nintendo 3DS (or DS) and any multi-player games you wish to play. You can also try out different Wii and Wii U games. Registration is required. Click here to register.
Super Smash Bros. Tournament
Fridays, 4:30 – 6 p.m., Ages 12 – 17
September 18, October 16, November 20
Challenge other gamers to Super Smash Bros. battles on the Wii U. The tournament winner will receive a gift card. Registration is required. Click here to register.
Play and Learn Minecraft
Teen Advisory Board
Monthly, Ages 13 – 18
The Warrenville Public Library District wants you to help us provide more content and activities for teens. Attend monthly meetings of the Teen Advisory Board to:
- Provide our Library with Teen feedback.
- Share your interests and favorite activities with the Library.
- Suggest books, graphic novels, non-fiction titles, DVDs and more for our collections.
- Plan programs and clubs for teens at the Library.
- Learn more about starting your own projects or events using Library space.
If you’re interested in joining the Teen Advisory Board, please contact April, our Teen Services Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630/393-1171 x111.