About Us > Job Opportunities
Technical Services Specialist
Part-time, 16 hours per week
Schedule includes four 4-hour weekday shifts
Warrenville Public Library District is seeking a part-time Technical Services Specialist. The Technical Services Specialist performs basic cataloging, processing and classification of library materials. The Warrenville Public Library District uses SirsiDynix Horizon software for its stand-alone catalog.
• LTA Certificate (or Bachelor’s Degree and two years’ basic cataloging experience at a public library).
• Knowledge of integrated library automation and information technology systems.
• Knowledge of cataloging concepts including MARC format.
• Ability to maintain library catalog.
• Attention to detail with ability to enter data efficiently with a high rate of accuracy.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, in English.
Salary from $12.29/hour dependent on experience & qualifications.
Applications received before Tuesday, September 5, 2017 will receive first consideration.
Submit cover letter, resume and application to:
Lou Carlile, Head of Technical Services
Warrenville Public Library District,
28W751 Stafford Place, Warrenville, IL 60555
Job Description: Technical Services Specialist